1. How does a grid-tied solar PV system work?
- Sell extra solar power back.
Electricity generated by the solar PV system will be consumed by the electrical load in your house. Any excess electricity generated will be exported to the national grid. A ‘bi-directional’ meter will be installed in place of the existing one-way meter to record how much electricity has been exported to the grid.
2. What is the impact on my bills after installing solar panels?
- Cheaper bill.
There will be a reduction in the amount of electricity you purchase from the grid after installing a solar PV system at your home. Additionally, any excess electricity that is exported to the grid will be credited to your account.
3. How will the solar panels affect my roof?
- Better protection.
The solar panels act as an additional layer of protection to your roof, shielding it from the elements and prolonging its life span. Our clients have experienced cooler homes due to the thermal insulation solar panels provide. There is also a significant noise reduction during thunderstorms.
4. What is the lifespan of a solar PV system?
- At least 25 years.
The typical lifespan of solar PV systems is at least 25 years. Systems that lasted for 40 years is not rare. Our solar panels come with a 25-year warranty.
5. Will my system still produce power when it’s cloudy or raining?
Yes, the system will still produce power during cloudy and rainy days. However, the yield will be lower than clear, sunny days.
6. How do I keep track of the energy generated by the solar power system?
- Through App or website.
We will set up a monitoring system that can be accessed via a smartphone app or website. You will be able to track the daily performance of your system.
7. How do I maintain my solar PV system?
- Minimal maintenance.
Solar PV systems typically require minimal maintenance as there are no moving parts in the system. The most important thing is to keep the panels clean. We offer 2 years of free maintenance for all our customers.
8. How long does the whole installation usually take?
On average, it takes 7-10 working days for the on-site installation. Following that, we will apply for testing & commissioning from the utility grid. This process includes electrical design, permitting and inspections.
9. Will solar power up my entire house or just for the Air-Cond?
- Entire house.
Unlike a solar heater that only serves one specific equipment, power from the solar panels can be used to power up every single connected equipment in the house at the same time.
10. Is it suitable to install solar panels in Singapore?
Yes. 4 reasons.
- Unlike countries with 4 seasons, we have strong sunlight all year round, and it's getting hotter.
- Electricity tariff is increasing gradually, insulate yourself with our high-efficiency solar PV solution.
- In Singapore, solar owners can sell extra generated power back to the grid and get credited.
- Survey shows that >90% of Singaporeans are aware and willing to do their part for the environment with their respective capabilities, leaving a hopeful environment for future generations.
“If we don’t step up and make changes, it will be us and our kids who are going to suffer,”- A 22 year old.